StarMed CaStar R Up – Openable hood for NIV therapy
Openable CaStar R Up is a comfortable, versatile and lightweight patient interface for non invasive mechanical ventilation (NIV) designed to offer an alternative to traditional methods of NIV delivery. The CaStar R Up is well tolerated for extended periods and can reduce the risks associated with
both endotracheal intubation and face mask use.
• Allows rapid access to the patient’s face during nursing procedures or in case of emergency
• One operator can easily remove the upper part of the hood and have full access to the patient
• Probes and catheters can remain in place, on the patient, connected to the lower part of the hood
• Built in inflatable neck cushion for added patient comfort
• Comfortable and atraumatic underarm fastening straps
• Other fastening accessories are available if required
• Two versatile sealed access ports suitable for single or multiple lumen probes or catheters
• Patient access port fitted with bi-directional anti-asphyxiation valve which opens automatically in the event of pressure failure
Single packed. Custom-packs are supplied on specific request of the customer.
Key studies discussing optimal ventilator settings and CO2
rebreathing topics are extensively discussed in our StarMed study portfolio
The StarMed study database
features studies covering a range of clinical scenarios and each study entry includes a brief summary abstract and further categorisation and tagging so you can search for studies based on their clinical setting, author, journal, date and any key words. We will continue to add new posts as further studies are released - so keep checking for the latest supporting material.
You may also be interested in the following products:
Rocco M, Dell'Utri D, Morelli A, Spadetta G, Conti G, Antonelli M, Pietropaoli P.
Chest. 2004 Nov;126(5):1508-15
Conti G, Cavaliere F, Costa R, Craba A, Catarci S, Festa V, Proietti R, Antonelli M.
Respir Care. 2007 Nov;52(11):1463-71
Vaschetto R Turucz E, Dellapiazza F, Guido S, Colombo D, Cammarota G, Della Corte F, Antonelli M, Navalesi P.
Intensive Care Med. 2012 Oct;38(10):1599-606. Epub 2012 Jul 24
Mojoli F, Iotti GA, Currò I, Pozzi M, Via G, Venti A, Braschi A.
Intensive Care Med. 2013 Jan;39(1):38-44
Vargas F, Thille A, Lyazidi A, Campo FR, Brochard L.
Crit Care Med. 2009 Jun;37(6):1921-8
Fodil R, Lellouche F, Mancebo J, Sbirlea-Apiou G, Isabey D, Brochard L, Louis B.
Intensive Care Med. 2011 Feb;37(2):257-62
Mojoli F, Iotti GA, Gerletti M, Lucarini C, Braschi A.
Intensive Care Med. 2008 Aug;34(8):1454-60
Antonelli M, Conti G, Pelosi P, Gregoretti C, Pennisi MA, Costa R, Severgnini P, Chiaranda M, Proietti R.
Crit Care Med. 2002 Mar;30(3):602-8
Özlem ÇG, Ali A, Fatma U, Mehtap T, Şaziye Ş.
Turk J Med Sci. 2015;45(3):600-6